Thursday, August 28, 2008

Keisha's First Contest at School

August 27, 2008 is a day I will remember forever.

This is the first time Keisha participated in a poem recital contest at her school. She competed with students a year level younger and a year level older than hers. She did very well, despite the fact that we were not aware that there was a theme for the contest (and her teacher did not inform us as well) and the poem she recited was about friendship.

She didn't stutter, stop, or forget her lines. Henry was near to tears and I was just downright sobbing while we watched our eldest daughter make the 27th of August such a monumental event for us parents.

Here's some pictures of Keisha and us while at her school. I'll post her poem next.

Keisha with her Teacher.

The emcee of the contest, Tagisan sa Pagtula.

Sleepy and pretty.

I'm tired!

Keisha with her classmate Kayzee (and me and Nicole at the background).

No comments: