Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Choosing the Right Job

I'm a mother of two daughters - Keisha who's turning four in a matter of weeks, and Simone who just turned 3 months weeks ago. Whenever I mention work to Keisha, she always frowns and walks away. When she doesn't, she asks me, "Why are you leaving me? Will you be home soon?"

I've worked in call centers before, I've considered a career in teaching, nursing jobs even. But what I'm really looking for is a job that will not take me away from my kids. I've been staying at home for several months already and I'd like to help in the finances, too. I hate seeing Henry tiring himself out at work even when he's sick just so he can earn money for us. Although we have our own internet cafe, I feel somehow it's still not enough.

I've turned to blogging as a source of income for me from home, and I honestly enjoy it. I get to do what I love - write - and occasionally get paid for it at the same time. I hope this blogging venture of mine will be successful so that I don't have to work away from home.

Keisha's upstairs watching Jumong with her dad, and I wonder how tomorrow will be for all of us.

No comments: