Friday, October 19, 2007

Leaving Home

I don't know what I was thinking, but I don't regret doing it. I took Keisha and Simone to my mom's place and we stayed there for a night and two days as I was pissed off at my mom in law. So fine, her brother stays at our house, but I don't expect it to be close to forever. I have to admit he is pretty useful every now and then but geesh, he smokes inside the house which is a big no-no for me and doesn't flush the toilet when he pees. I don't know if he was toilet trained by his parents or he just somehow lost his manners as he got older.

Another thing I find strange is that the guy has a house, family and older kids of his own. So why in the world does he choose to stay with us? I guess the answer is pretty obvious. Given his manners and his daily activities (which basically is nothing), not even his kids would want him to stay with their families. Even his own wife doesn't want him around for crying out loud.

I pity him, I really do, but I don't pity him enough to make him want to stay at my house forever. This is my house, and I should have a say with what goes in it. When I told my mom in law that the rice she cooked wasn't enough since Henry was coming home and was bound to eat dinner here, she stormed off and declared that she and her brother would just eat bread instead. Not that I was being stingy in food or anything, but I was only stating a fact which she took negatively. I got pissed so I packed my kids and left in a huff.

Henry went to my parent's house the night later and took us home. He said he had spoken to his mom, and frankly, I don't care if he did or didn't. I wanted them to realize that there are just some things that they can't always do. I don't see anything wrong with proving my point, and if they do, the door's open and they can leave.

The only thing that made me sad about leaving was the way Keisha cried when her dad called at my mom's house. She was literally crying buckets of water and asking me repeatedly if I didn't love her dad anymore. I do, but I love them and myself more. I know the day will come that she'll understand why I did what I did, and I'm just glad that she had a blast staying at my mom's place.

No comments: