Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Measles Shots

Again, my apologies for being too busy at work that I haven't had much time updating this blog. I'd just like to share that today, Keisha had her scheduled immunization for measles, coupled with a dosage of vitamin A and deworming as well. Although I don't believe Keisha has worms, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

As I was at work, I naturally missed this event. Although there were times when Keisha was a baby, I was able to go with Leslie for Keisha's shots. Now, I haven't even been with Leslie even for a single immunization shot of Simone's. But I'm glad I was able to participate by having Keisha drink her deworming tablet, which I think is almost adult-sized. It was a bit big, and I understand Leslie and my mom's hesitation for having Keisha drink it. I've seen her swallow bigger pieces of meat anyway, so I was positive the tablet wouldn't be a challenge, which I was right on.

Funny how Leslie had this weird idea of splitting the tablet into two and have Keisha drink one at a time, and my mom for even a weirder idea of melting the medicine in hot water then adding it to Keisha's milk. I understand their concern, and I'm also proud of my daughter for proving them wrong. She swallowed her deworming medicine like nothing. Hurray!

No comments: