Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mercury Ingestion

Last February 26, Keisha got confined in the hospital for mercury ingestion. This was the worst day of all of our lives. We ended up sleeping in the hospital, and now we're waiting for a test result that takes weeks before we find out.

When I was a kid, I recall that neither my elder sisters and I have been hospitalized when we were kids. I can't help but feel like a bad parent, and I can't blame my mom in law too. Keisha has her way of being naughty to the point that you'll get so fed up you just feel the urge to spank her, something we don't do so we just turn our backs around and wait until her spell is over.

My mom in law takes care of Nicole, and Henry was at a meeting that night. Keisha said she felt like she had a fever so she took one of our chairs from the dining table, and reached for the thermometer on top of the fridge. She put it inside her mouth, but I guess she bit it too hard as it broke. My mom in law said Keisha spit a lot out, and there was also a lot of mercury left in the broken thermometer. She also made Keisha gargle with water, but we just both wanted to be sure she was free from any harm.

Since during the first 24 hours she didn't suffer from nausea, vomiting, dizziness, or stomach aches, we were released the following day and we're just waiting for one of her test results for mercury level. We're waiting and praying...

No comments: