Sunday, September 23, 2007

Meeting Aunts

Henry and I picked Keisha up from my mom's house earlier tonight. We went there around 4pm since my aunt Vyon and her two daughters, Amanda and Marty, came home from Riyadh. She's been working there for as long as I remember, and this was the first time Keisha met her and her other aunts.

Keisha had a fun time staying at my mom's house, primarily because she had my older sister Elena with her anyway. I was worried she wouldn't eat that much after she recovered from her fever and cough, but my sister said she ate a lot. She slept early, too.

I was concerned about Keisha's interaction with Marty. Although technically she is Keisha's aunt, she's only 7 years old and Keisha's almost as tall as she is. They didn't get along really well, since Keisha bullied her most of the time, but Keisha was quick to apologize and acknowledge her mistakes. When Simone grows up, this would also be the first time Keisha will have someone to play with.

I'd like to think that this is due to the fact that Keisha did not grow up playing with other kids her age, nor with any kid at that. I'm sure she'll outgrow bullying other kids, especially when her sibling grows up.

Right now she's busy watching "Ful Haws" (not sure of the spelling of house) with Vic Sotto and Pia Guanio. It's 11pm right now, and she'll probably fall asleep once the show is over.

No comments: