Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Chocolates and Mentos

While I was at work today I tried as hard as I could to keep my mind off of junk food and save my money until I get home so that I could buy Keisha something good as a present. I ended saving more than half of the money I took with me, as the only things I spent on while I was out was for five pieces of candy and my fare.

So when I got home, I got off at 7-11, not where I usually get off the bus on the way home. I initially wanted to buy her something from Jollibee, like a breakfast meal or something, but the store was still closed so I went to 7-11 instead.

I ended up getting her a Hersheys Cookies and Cream bar and a Mentos tube, grape flavor. She absolutely loves Mentos, although I was a bit hesitant to buy her cookies and cream as a flavor for Hersheys. She's used to the regular brown colored and dark colored chocolates, so I didn't know what her reaction to white chocolate would be.

After I walked Henry to where he'd ride the bus, I was surprised to find Keisha up and awake. I gave her my presents, and she smiled, although her eyes were still half-closed. She ate the Hershey bar instantly and said she'd eat the Mentos later. I was really happy that she liked the cookies and cream flavor, although she noted that it was a bit crunchy, because of the cookies and all. Right now she's upstairs with her godmother, grandmother and Nicole, just playing around. When I wrap up my blogging for today, I'll join in the fun before I sleep and take on another night at work.

No comments: