Friday, December 7, 2007

Yesterday was Great!

Since I started working again after almost a year of being a stay-home mom, I once again have this nagging feeling inside me that I'm not giving Keisha and Nicole enough time. Due to my shifting schedule, I try to squeeze in sleep, household chores, blogging, and playtime with my kids in the 12 hours or less that I have when I get home around 6:00 am, since I leave around 6:30 pm for work.

But yesterday was different. It was literally a great day for me. Since I spent a couple of hours sleeping at work (yeah, I know, don't ask me how and why) and I managed to get some shut-eye on the bus while I was going home, I didn't fall asleep until around 1:00 pm. I had a lot of time in my hands and I took advantage of it. I finished all my paid posts around 9:00 am, went to the market, cooked lunch for everybody, helped around the house, and I had a lot of time to cuddle and play with my two kids.

Keisha loves playing pretend, and we spent a lot of time doing just that with Nicole. And I have to admit, when Nicole peed on me, I didn't mind the least. To be honest, I missed that. I missed cleaning her bottom as well when she has poop, and taking baths with Keisha as well. And Keisha even sang me a song to sleep around 1:00 pm and stayed by my side until I fell asleep.

And what's even better is that Henry came home really early yesterday, around 4:00 pm. Although I barely had three hours of sleep, I felt like I've had more than eight. I was really glad that all of us were there, and he even brought me my favorite snack, Pringles in Sour Cream and Onion flavor.

I didn't get any sleep after Henry came home, but I didn't mind. I still went to work last night feeling refreshed and great. Although Keisha wasn't able to walk me down the street with her dad where I'd ride the bus to work, I was able to kiss her goodbye and she still saw me off the door.

I wish I had more days like yesterday.

No comments: